There are a number of vibrant towns in Orange County, California, which attract visitors from all around the world. It’s easy to see why so many people live in the region with its near-constant sunny weather, sprawling beaches, and diverse culture.
Within an hour of Los Angeles, Orange County is an idyllic community where beach life meets the great outdoors. Since OC has a Mediterranean climate, the mountains and beaches are always warm, making it a great place for year-round vacations and permanent residence.
Orange County is located in one of Southern California’s most desirable real estate markets. The area is home to a number of cities and towns, each of which has its own unique attraction. For OC homeowners who want to increase their property value, your landscape design plays a vital role.
When it comes to landscape and hardscape designs in Orange County, you’re in good hands with Signature Landscape. For constructing long-lasting retaining walls, our engineers and designers follow the best practices!
Advantages of Retaining Walls on Your Property
A retaining wall is a structure that provides soil support and resists lateral pressure at different levels.
The purpose of a retaining wall is to maintain soil behind it by using rocks, concrete blocks, or other materials. Garden retaining walls are built primarily for practical reasons, but if they are well integrated into your landscape design, they can add to your space’s aesthetic appeal and functionality.
They are an excellent way to increase the value of your Orange County property. At Signature Landscape, our professionals only use high-quality materials for constructing durable and functional retaining walls. Let’s take a look at some of the advantages of having a retaining wall in your OC property.
Raise Property Value
You can increase the value of your home and improve the aesthetics of your garden by adding a retaining wall. This is a simple and effective way to add versatility to the areas around your house. A landscaping feature like this is a great way to gain an edge over similar properties if you plan on selling your home later on.
Easy to Maintain and Durable
It is a good investment to invest in garden retaining walls when it comes to landscape structures. In addition to being made of durable materials, they can withstand harsh weather conditions as well. Your wall won’t need repair or replacement, which will save you time and money. Additionally, they are very easy to maintain.
As long as the retaining wall is constructed properly, it will be able to withstand heavy weights and serve its intended purpose. It is easy to install and can hold back water and earth for a long time without much maintenance. Additionally, they can help you create attractive and space-saving vertical gardens.
Using retaining walls reduces stormwater runoff and causes minimal disruption to the natural vegetation. In general, they are made from sustainable materials that are affordable, long-lasting, and seamlessly blend into the surrounding environment.
Garden retaining walls with tiers can enhance the appearance of your property and provide you with more space. If you want to add more color to your landscape, you can use them as a base for small planters.
Keep the Soil From Eroding
Your landscape can be damaged by extensive erosion, causing fertilizers to wash away and sinkholes to form. This leads to costly repairs. Plants will remain in place when a retaining wall is built as it reduces the chance of erosion.
Entrust Your Project to OC’s Professional Contractors
With good design and construction, retaining walls are very low maintenance, highly functional, space-saving, eye-catching, and environmentally friendly. Retaining walls can be constructed with a variety of materials.
With Your Signature Landscape, you can be assured that your retaining wall is designed and constructed properly! Here’s a step-by-step guide on how we do it.
- Your outdoor space will be marked by the retaining wall contractor after he checks the soil conditions.
- The block wall will require a trench to be dug. Blocks that will be used for the walls should be about 6-8 inches deep and slightly wider than the foundation.
- With this trench, the wall will be essentially anchored, which is crucial in sandier areas, such as Long Beach, Sunset Beach, or Santa Monica.
- Afterwards, the remaining earth will be tamped down to provide a good foundation for construction. This stage of the process requires the earth to be completely level before construction. When the wall is fully installed, the height will be level and consistent.
- Once the first course of brick, concrete, or stone has been installed, the second course can be added. The leveling of the stones is one of the most important steps and must be done with precision.
- Once the rest of the concrete stones have been laid, the retaining walls can be constructed. As long as the foundation was laid carefully, this should be a quick job.
- The project is completed with the finishing touches. Toppings and backfill are usually used, but stucco might also be applied. To enhance the wall’s beauty, you can also add planters.
Get Started With a Free Quote Today
If you are looking for high-quality landscaping for your Orange County home, Signature Landscape is the top choice. Our SoCal landscaping contractor team brings expertise, talent, craftsmanship, and sustainable landscape designs to your home.
We can provide you with landscape construction and installation services, no matter what your needs are.
As part of the whole project, we will ensure that all of your landscaping requirements are met according to your expectations. Additionally, our landscape architects create the landscaping project of our client’s dreams and comply with all local and state regulations.
To get started on your next backyard project, request a free quote from Signature Landscape today!